Tuesday 16 January 2018

End Rape And Save Humanity

"MY GREATEST DREAM WILL BE TO BE ABLE TO WALK IN THE STREETS OF INDIA LATE NIGHT WITHOUT HAVING TO FEAR ANYBODY ON THE ROAD ATTACK N KIDNAP ME SO THAT I CAN ACHIEVE MY DREAMS N LIVE FREELY...I HOPE NIRBHAYA FUND N INDIAN GOVERNMENT HELPS ME N EACH AND EVERY INDIAN GIRL OUT THERE WHO FEARS TO GET OUT OF THEIR HOUSE AFTER ITS ILL TREATMENT METED OUT TO WOMEN..AS QUOTED BY GANDHIJI INDEPENDENCE IS ACHIVED IN A COUNTRY WHEN A LADY CAN WALK ALONE FREELY AT NIGHT WITHOUT HAVING TO FEAR ANYBODY."
.The day NIRBHAYA Rape case took place,I was totally shattered and felt bad for her family..
Rape is the worst form of sexual assault afflicted upon a human by another.A recap to my forensic class..As per criminal law amendment act 2013,rape is defined as when
1. Penis inserted into vagina,mouth,urethra,anus
2.object inserted into vagina,mouth ,urethra,anus
3.mouth inserted or manipulating the woman to cause penetration into vagina,mouth,urethra and anus..
Statutory rape-sexual intercourse with girls less than 18 years and married women <15 years
Sexual offences
*Natural--rape(IPC375), adultery (IPC497),incest
*Unnatural-sodomy,buccal coitus,bestiality, tribadism
Everytime I get disturbed to the core when I hear news of ladies, children,animals and men getting raped..I get mocked at by my colleague,relatives,classmates for having too many rape articles in my timeline which I protest against many times,but is of no use..
But that's how we shed the stigma..The more openly we voice our opinion ,the more our society learns to stop and revolt against rape cases..
Rapes happen amongst family members, colleagues,classmates,professors, clergymen,teachers,army,medical,old,youngsters,etc and all walks of life..
I had always admired the article and appreciated the guts of
Major Bipindra N C to expose the sexual assaults taking place within the armies in India ..
http://lisauk.org/articles/detail/sex-and-the-armed-forces-of-india
I really want more professionals to expose more stories like this brave major did .Every department has these problems,but very few have the guts to stand up and speak for what is right..Infact after reading this,I  wish all sexual exploitation activities get exposed  in medical field and a set of bold doctors comes forward to write about SEX AND DOCTORS one day😎(I wish to contribute some stories too)

Evertime I get most irritated seeing stories of "Godmen"rape like that of holymen, babas ,tantrik,clergymen,priests.It's high time the so called people of God who commit such crimes be given punishment like surgical or chemical castration....Men of faith are still men period... No amount of prayer makes them more pure than another... Not all priests rape neither do all men but all are capable through their own weakness... To blame the girl is to make her responsible for his actions... If a man cannot control himself then he should remove himself from his temptation... A woman cannot change her gender....Whatever the age,profession,caste,religion,place ,at the end of the day,they are men who have balls,hormones and sexual feelings....

Whenever somebody we know gets raped ,we hide it under the carpet and move on thinking that will help to save the reputation of the family..
But have any of you people tried to be empathetic and thought from the victim's point of view..
1.Always a rape victim will be petrified,terrified to approach people in her initial few days after the attack..
2.She will have a change of behavioral habits ,sleep pattern with insomnia,night terrors, depression,suicidal tendencies..So in these days,she requires utmost care from her family members and friends..
3.She needs to be counselled and requires Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with antidepressants and regular visits to the psychiatrist..
4.She needs emotional,mental and social support to come back to normal life.
5.Post rape life she will face trust and commitment issues, emotional numbness and won't be able to have a proper family life.
So knowing all these points in mind, society should stop shunning a lady who was raped and must blame the rapist for everything..

 I always feel men and animals getting raped are the left out ones and nobody is there to speak up and listen to their plight..These silent sufferers must also have laws to protect them from all sufferings.

For the rapist,the punishment in India is
1)376A-Death or Persistent vegetative state--20 years to life imprisonment
2)376B--Sexual Intercourse by husband during separation--2 to 7years..If she conceives without consent,then not rape
3)376C-Sexual Intercourse by person in authority-5 to 10 years
eg-If student gets less marks,goes to professor..He asks for sex in favour of giving mark to his student .
4)376D--Gang rape-20 years to life
5)376E-Repeated offences-life to death sentence.
*376I-Max punishment for rape 7 years extending lifelong
*376 II-Min 10 years extending lifelong
    eg-professor rapes student in his room
I have a message for all girls out there.....You are neither safe in ur mother's womb nor outside it..Anything can happen to you anytime..Anti rape laws ,helpline numbers ,antirape microchip ,suit n underwears,peppersprays n knifes won t be of any use unless we change our mindset towards women..Also the judiciary and police needs to take strict and  vigilant actions against the perpetrators of such crime..
An article showing statistics of rape cases in the world..
http://gazettereview.com/2017/03/top-10-countries-highest-rape-crime-rates/

I would like to end it with a poem by Bhavna Bhasin

RAPE SCHEDULE

I am on a rape schedule
It's after 10,
the city is receding,
street lights flickering,
A murmur of 'go home'
is in the air,
Audible only
to my ear .

We had just started talking,
I was telling him why I chose
writing over practicing law,
'That's a bold move' , he said
I quickly shut the phone screen
that said 5 missed calls

Now I'm not allowed contingencies
you see
If I said I would be back by 11
I should have been in bed by 10
Or planned all life events before 3
Because I am on a rape schedule

I know this could be a wonderful conversation, and we have only
just begun
But I'm tracing the map,
it's forty minutes to home
Every passing second,
another potential rapist gets
added to the list of ways
in which a consequential,
highly avoidable fate is met
after a night of fun
So I have to go,
keep the shoe,
keep my share of the night sky too
Because I am on a rape schedule

My parents have already imagined
every possible horrendous thing that
could happen to me
Their anger is misplaced,
their logic faulty,
But can I complain
if in theory they believe in my freedom
But really just act out of concern for me?

I should be grateful for the sunny patch
that I'm allowed
For men who feel responsible for me
even though I'm better endowed
For
everyday that I follow the schedule
and
come
home
unraped.

No comments:

Post a Comment