Tuesday 30 January 2018

My QUOTE of the year 2018

We have all been knocked down in life.  In order to be strong you have to endure heartache, loss and failure.  Once you live through the pain and disappointment you realize you are a survivor.  The definition of survivor is a person who copes well with difficulty in their life.In this phase of survival,one will become a strong warrior ready to face any adversities in life.
I have had my fair share of difficulties and failures at each stage of life for which I’m grateful to God.. It means I’m living life and taking risks.Im sure most of us must  have had our difficult times too ..Everytime trouble knocks at our doors ,we must grab life by the horns and challenge it.. Most of these failures become blessings eventually.
Being a shy kid,I was counselled  by my school teachers to open up...From school days,I always wanted to get selected for my sports day running competition,which I unfortunately didn't get selection. But finally my chance came at 11 th standard,where I not only won a gold and 2 silver,but also came 2 nd place in an interschool running competition.. Similarly I tried every other sports activity like swimming ,batminton, basketball, where I didn't get qualified only ,but glad I got to try everything in life..I even gave my hands on dancing, poetry recitation, drawing, singing, caricature too.
Then came my 12 th standard results which came as a major shock in my life.After scoring 90% in class 10,I had high hopes that I'll do well in class 11 and 12. But due to my hatred for physics especially and chemistry,my grades fell down to 80%..Also the entrance exams which I wrote didn't go well..All this didn't allow me to get me admission into Jubilee Mission Medical College..It is the place where I was born and my parents always wanted me to get admission there.Then came the agent scam where my parents were tricked by an agent who made us waste our time giving false hopes of providing admission in SRM,Sri Ramachandra,vels University.. Finally after getting in contact with the mutual friends of my uncle ,my parents bought me a management seat in Srinivas Medical College,where I was the first batch of my college..
Then came my college life..We were the first batch of our college.I struggled a lot as there were no seniors in my college to guide us about which all books to read..Also I didn't know the kannada language and had to learn from the cleaners and my roommate and some dayscholar buddies.Also staying away from parents in a hostel.. Being an average student who frequently forgets,I had to study and revise my topics by making notes,stick papers on the wall and study..But inspite of all this ,I used to score only average marks among my bright classmates..But by god's grace ,I cleared first,2nd ,3rd and final year mbbs without any backlogs with a university like RGUHS..I really wonder how an average student like me  did it now..All the seminars in my medical college life changed my shyness.
Then my internship life came where I was torchured badly in each of the department with writing case sheets, informing history to consultants etc..But looking back,I really enjoy those days..
Presently after failing badly and not even qualifying after giving my medical postgraduation exam inspite of sitting at home 1 year to study,I am in the stage of depression and confused about my future..After the disastrous results in 3 competitive exams,,I am  totally shattered..Being a girl,me and my family always wanted me to settle down early after getting my degrees fast.So i joined coaching class fast unlike my other classmates who went to work..But this failure has taught me a lot in life.This failure has  taught me Patience ,perseverance and determination in life when it comes to achieving my goal..Also I realised that God gives such experience to make people mentally strong.In a country like India,doctors work to get PG seat more than become a good doctor  and gain experience.Also due to reservation,less number of seats,it takes years for people to get into their dream branches.. .
One must have realistic goal and never put high expectations in life cause these are blue  prints for disappointments.
I even realised presently after working as. Casualty Medical Officer in the most  crowded charity missionary hospital in south Canara,that PG life which all graduate doctors  are aspiring is an even tougher world where you are ragged to death by your senior, guides and where most doctors blame hating their lives as they end up as money making machines for corporate hospital and medical colleges..In order to withstand all that,one must be mentally tough and I still need time to build up on that..All young doctors must work and see more cases and be a good doctor like our olden days doctors used to do.. Getting a seat is based on destiny and God blesses us with it when our right time comes... But becoming a good doctor comes with time and experience..Presenty I thank God for giving me this failures which I'm going to add as a feather to my cap.

So all my friends,Don’t be afraid to express yourself, be vulnerable and reach for the stars.  Even if things don’t work out it will shape you and make you stronger.  Stronger to love, and live life to its fullest.
Remember,each of us are born in this world to fulfil a purpose in life and to make this world a better place with our talents in our own unique ways.
#motivation #thoughful #survivor #warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment