Monday 15 January 2018

Sports for an Overall Well Being

SPORTS AND ITS IMPACT ON OUR DAILY LIVES
Lately I've been thinking about all sports activities I did in school,all Physical education lesson, swimming lessons , basketball, athletic activities,relay,long jump,batminton..Thanks to my arian trait😎I had inborn athletic potential and could master many activities.. But sadly this athlete  could never be exploited in her school days to the maximum due to the long distance of her home from her school as her mom wanted to be near the work place . My school(ISG) in Oman has an amazing  basketball court, football ground and  an athletic track..My favourite activities were mostly athletics.. I came as a big failure in most of these activities in my initial days due to the high level of competition my athletic female counterparts gave me..Atleast  I can proudly say that I was a jack of all trades😎..Infact when 2-3 girls left for studies in India after 9th standard  ,I started winning races and once even got selection for 4×400m relay,400 metres in interschool level(my PT USHA achievement😎)..I still remember how I used to crib to my parents about not winning these races for which they say not to worry and you won't be doing any career relating to sports(typical Indian parents style of consoling and motivating😒)
But if I am given the post of education minister,I would be made sports compulsory in every school and college in India,like they do IN USA.. Every kid must learn to participate in a sports activity  which helps in their overall development..But due to tough MBBS course and RGUHS examination,sports took a backseat in my medical college days..
But looking back,I realise it is actually all these sports activities ,the failures and success relating to it and how one handles them is the lesson that one needs to implement in their day to day lives when they face trouble ..Being a naturally competitive  female , winning in whatever task I undertake is more important for me and I realised handling failures,downfall and loss is the most challenging thing in my life.I also realised that I compare a lot,set high targets and pressurise myself to achieve my goals which leads me to disappointment(infact once I even dreamt of becoming a national level gold medalist in athletic and representing India in Olympics😂😂😂silly me)..
But it is the athlete within me that helped me realise my fault, fight all my inner demons and stay strong in life..
This is greatest fitness mantra in my life which is said by Deepika Padukone's
"  When I was growing up my father said to me, To be the best, always remember the three D's - Discipline, Dedication and Determination. Follow your heart. Do what you are passionate about." Sport has taught me how to handle failure. It has also taught me how to handle success. It has kept me grounded. It has taught me humility.
Two years ago I struggled with depression. I was sinking. I almost gave up. But it was the athlete in me that gave me the strength to fight and never ever give up!
And so I want to say to every girl and every boy and every woman and every man...play a sport...because it changed my life...and it will change yours too!
Sport has taught me how to survive! It has taught me how to fight! It has made me unstoppable."..












Here are some inspirational athletic quotes from my favourite sportspersons that helped me remain motivated in all walks of life and I'm sure it will inspire many of you..
So all of you when life tries to challenge you,take everything in a sportsman spirit and move forward..😎😎👍💪

No comments:

Post a Comment